Lease Agreement Renewals
We will review the lease agreement for your property approximately 90 days prior to its expiry. Unless you instruct otherwise, we will offer the Leaseholder a renewal of the agreement for the same period as the initial agreement at the same rent or a higher rent if the market justifies it. You will be advised if the leaseholder does not want to renew their tenancy agreement.
We will carry out the permitted two (2) periodic inspections of your property each year and provide you with a detailed report each time.
On receipt of vacating notice, we will:
- confirm the details in writing to you (including recommendation of new asking rent) and the leaseholder
- provide follow up phone call should no confirmation be received from you within 1-2 working days
- put the agreed advertising plan into effect same day or within 1 working day of the new asking rental being confirmed with you
- prepare all necessary vacating documentation
- arrange access for viewings by prospective tenants
We will endeavour to identify any potential problems with the property pre-vacate and communicate as required both with you and the Leaseholder.
After the Leaseholder/Renter vacates the property:
- process any requirements relating to the Bond refund within maximum four (4) working days
- if deductions from the rental bond are considered necessary, full details will be provided to both you and the Leaseholder complete all necessary documentation to finalise the rental bond within a further six (6) working days.
Property Disbursements and Statements
All agreed property disbursements will be paid on your behalf by or prior to the due date (subject to the availability of funds). Your Rent Statement will be sent to you via email at the same time the EFT remittance is prepared on your behalf or, if being issued by post, it will be sent same day or within 1 business day of the EFT remittance being prepared.
Your Rent Statement will be personally checked by your Property Manager prior to being forwarded to you.
We will provide you with an accurate Annual Income and Expenditure Statement upon request and at the prescribed cost within two (2) working days of your request being lodged after 1 July or the first working day of the new Financial Year.
Our official office / administrative hours are 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday
NB: we fulfill our onsite requirements both after hours and on weekends as required and as appointed.
We will respond* to:
- telephone messages within 4 hours (if of an administrative nature)
- within 24 hours (for non-office personnel)
- email within 24 – 48 hours
- fax within 24 – 48 hours
- mail within 48 hours
* NB: please allow for downtime over weekends for non-urgent and/or administrative queries.
We will promptly and proactively advise you of pertinent matters affecting your property or the tenancy.
Complaints received in writing (i.e. fax, letter, email) will be acknowledged within 1 working day
All complaints will be formally recorded and responded to within two (2) working days.
We will provide all documentation in clear and concise English.
We will ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete.
All property Condition Reports will be comprehensively and accurately completed.
Copies of all documents (e.g.: the lease agreement) that we sign on your behalf as Agent will be forwarded to you (unless you instruct otherwise).
All personal information will be held in the strictest confidence and will not be released to a third party without written authorisation.
All updates and corrections advised to us will be recorded in our system either same day or within 1 working day.
The highest standards of honesty, integrity and professional practice will be conducted in compliance with the Victorian Estate Agents Act and Regulations.